Changes to the Process
Changes underway for 2019, and beyond, in the Change of Registration Category Process as a result of the feedback gained through 100% auditing and listening to the needs of those who attended our information sessions for the past 12 months.
One consequence of these changes is a necessity to set some clear deadlines for submission and re-submission of portfolios this year (2018).
If you currently have a re-submission outstanding, it must be received by the TRB by not later than 10th December 2018 or you will need to re-apply in 2019.
Intending to apply before the end of 2018?
If you are intending to apply for change of registration category this year, your application must be received (together with your portfolio) by the TRB by not later than 20th December 2018 or you will need to wait and apply in 2019.
If you have any concerns regarding these notified deadlines, please contact Ann Moxham, Manager Professional Standards and Initial Teacher Education (ITE) Accreditation at the TRB (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Further details of the changes and new resources to better support teachers in evidencing their practice at the proficient career stage of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST), in line with nationally agreed processes, will be provided to all registered teachers over the coming weeks and months.
In brief, the changes include:
- New handbooks – one to guide applicants and one to guide Practice-focused Mentors, Principals and Panel members
- Re-developed and editable Templates
- A new Application form that incorporates an assessment report for the Workplace Panel to complete
- Return to the centrality of the Workplace Panel with TRB Tasmania as the regulatory authority carrying out quality control targeted and random audits of portfolios, rather than the current 100% audit
- New online learning modules and resources focused on:
- the Teacher Standards (APST),
- the skills of selection of artefacts of practice, reflective annotation and classroom observation
- the processes and mandated elements for both applicants and panels involved in the change of registration category process
- A calendar of events, dates and deadlines to assist schools and the TRB to manage the change of registration category process